A Philosophy for Nursing Administration
1. We aim to engage in practices that promote learning, patient empowerment, positive attitudes and holistic Care.
2. We are committed to working with ethical principles and guidelines, as outlined by our Director of Nursing and the Health Service executive.
3. We aim to work in a collaborative and co-operative manner with the multi-disciplinary team and respect their contributions.
4. We strive to respect patients and their families interests.
5. We aim to deal with problems EFFECTIVELY AND efficiently in an understanding and confidential manner.
6. We aim to keep ourselves and all staff up to date with developments and change within the nursing profession. In advancing and supporting staff development, we in nursing administration, aim to provide an environment conducive to work satisfaction, ensuring required standards are adhered to.
7. We in management aim to be proactive in initiating change and development within the hospital.